You are here: Home / Latest news / The Young Dementia Network
The Young Dementia NetworkJuly 8, 2021
The Young Dementia Network has been hosted by Dementia UK since the merger with YoungDementia UK in November 2020.
It was established in 2016 and is a collaboration between people affected by and working in the field of young onset dementia. Everyone is united in one purpose to improve the lives of people with young onset dementia and their families now and to create positive change for the future.
The Young Dementia Network:
- provides opportunities for its members to collaborate, share experience and knowledge and learn from each other
- campaigns for change both in the areas of policy and practice
- creates resources for younger people and their families, for people working in health and social care and for service developers and commissioners
- is involved in and supports young onset dementia research
- is passionate about informing and connecting people, enabling them to learn from each other
- works collaboratively with individuals and organisations in order to bring about real change
The Network has a growing membership of people living with young onset dementia, their family and friends, health and social care professionals, service providers, researchers, charities, and volunteers working in the field of young onset dementia.
It has created a range of useful resources for people affected by young onset dementia as well as for professionals such as GPs and clinicians, service providers and commissioners.
The Network runs regular young onset dementia webinars that bring together members, people living with young onset dementia, family members, professionals working in the field, and people interested in young onset dementia to create an opportunity to share experience and knowledge.
Find out more about the Young Dementia Network by visiting their website: youngdementianetwork.org.
Join the Network
Become part of a community of people who care about young onset dementia and receive their regular mailingsSign up here
View the Network’s range of young onset dementia resources for people affected by young onset and professionalsFind out more
Sign up for the Network’s young onset dementia-related webinars and watch recordings of past webinarsClick here