Dementia UK works in collaboration with host organisations to develop dementia specialist Admiral Nurse services and provide ongoing support to these to maintain and strengthen their clinical expertise. This enables your organisation to deliver the best possible evidence-based and relationship-centred support for families facing dementia.
There are many benefits of collaborating with Dementia UK, including:
- support with service development and design, with clinical input and ongoing account management
- support with recruiting and developing nurses who are passionate about dementia care
- extensive continuing professional and practice development for your nurse(s) through our Admiral Nurse Academy
- access to service monitoring and evaluation guidance and tools for your nurse(s)
- use of the widely recognised model of Admiral Nursing, underpinned by the Admiral Nurse Competency Framework
- a truly collaborative relationship with a well-respected leading national charity and use of the Admiral Nurse branding
Admiral Nurses receive wraparound support from key teams within Dementia UK and are enrolled in the Admiral Nurse Academy: a dedicated central learning and development space for the Admiral Nurse community.
For more information about developing an Admiral Nurse service and the Dementia UK support offer please get in touch with the Business Development Team.