You are here: Home / About us / Work for Dementia UK / Why work for Dementia UK?
Why work for Dementia UK?
We are Dementia UK – the specialist dementia nurse charity.
We are a passionate and nurturing organisation and have a highly committed and friendly workforce. We share a passion for providing specialist and compassionate dementia support for everyone who may need it through our Admiral Nurse services.
By joining Dementia UK you will become part of a diverse and dedicated team of people where you will be supported and encouraged to not only use but develop your skills. At Dementia UK we value our people so it’s important for us to create a working environment that looks after our workforce so that they can achieve their full potential.
As well as an opportunity to continue your professional development, we offer a competitive salary, in addition to the following benefits:
- 33 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- auto-enrolment into our non-contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions of 8%
- free access to a confidential 24/7 helpline service, 365 days a year together with specialist information and a health and wellbeing portal
- interest free season ticket loan
- childcare vouchers
- enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- free flu jabs
- free eye tests
Read more about working at Dementia UK and how to apply for roles in the recruitment pack.
Our values reflect who we are and how we put families facing dementia are at the centre of everything we do:
- We listen, learn and collaborate
- We are empowering, supportive and respectful
- We act with integrity, transparency and accountability
- We encourage creativity and innovation
Learn more about our values here.
Dementia UK is an inclusive charity with a positive atmosphere. Find out about our current rolesFind out more
Volunteer for us
We’re always looking for Volunteer Ambassadors and enthusiastic people to volunteer at eventsFind out more
About Dementia UK
Dementia UK provides specialist dementia support for families through our Admiral Nurse serviceFind out more