Dementia UK is bringing specialist dementia support closer to home with face-to-face clinics in a branch of Leeds Building Society near you.
If you care for someone who has dementia or live with the diagnosis yourself, you can book a free 45-minute appointment with a dementia specialist Admiral Nurse for expert, tailored support, whatever your questions or concerns.
Our dementia clinics are taking place in branches of our partner, Leeds Building Society, across the country. All appointments are confidential and will be held in a private space within the branch.
Our nurses offer advice and support with any aspect of dementia, including:
- worries about memory problems and other possible symptoms of dementia
- how to get a diagnosis
- understanding the diagnosis and how the condition progresses
- practical tips for caring for someone who lives with dementia
- adapting to and coping with changes in behaviour
- financial and legal issues
- transitions in care, including moving into residential care
- emotional support, including anticipatory grief, bereavement and loss
To book your appointment select a location below. Appointments are available two to three weeks in advance.
- 28th and 29th February and 5th, 6th and 7th March – Epsom
- 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th and 14th March – York
- 13th, 14th and 21st March – Cross Gates, Leeds
- 19th, 20th March – Morley, Leeds
- 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th, 28th March – Leeds Central
Other ways we can support you
If we are not visiting a location near you, you can book a free, confidential phone or video appointment with a dementia specialist Admiral Nurse in our virtual clinics.