You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Raise your Game
Raise your Game is the perfect occasion to bring people together and play the games you love, while raising vital funds to help dementia specialist Admiral Nurses support more families facing dementia.
Whether you’re into retro board games, role play games or playing games online, Raise your Game is for every player and by taking part you’ll be helping our specialist dementia Admiral Nurses give their life-changing support to people living with dementia, their families and friends.
All you need to do is decide whether you’ll take part in person or on online, chose a date and invite your players.
We had such a great time playing games with our friends and raising awareness for Dementia UK. Everyone was so willing to donate for such an important cause. We all can’t wait to take part again next year
– Emma Blizard who took part in Raise your Game 2021
- Tell us about your event
Fill in this form to let us know if your holding an in-person event or hosting one online.
- Set a date and invite your guests
Set that date in the diary as soon as possible so you can start spreading the word!
- Set up your fundraising page
You can create a JustGiving page here. The simplest way to raise vital funds is to ask your guests to make a donation to take part. You can also organise extra activities to boost your fundraising – visit our FAQs page for inspiration.
- Promotional poster
- Invitations: A6, A4
- Score cards
- Lucky squares game
- Gift aid form
- Thank you poster
- Facebook graphics: I’m raising my game, let’s get together, Let’s get on board, will you raise your game
- Twitter graphics: I’m raising my game, let’s get together, Let’s get on board, will you raise your game
- The simplest way to raise much needed funds is to ask all your guests to make a donation to take part. You can suggest any amount you want or let people make a donation of their choice
- If you have a personal connection to dementia, telling people about it will bring your reason for fundraising to life
- You can also organise extra fundraising activities, such as selling refreshments, organising a raffle or setting up a wheel of fortune. If you decide to hold a raffle, please get in touch so we can send you a letter of authority to help you source prizes
- Share your fundraising page with friends and family – you’ll be surprised how generous some people can be
- Online: click here to pay in online (please remember to include the reference number from your pack so we know it’s from you)
- Over the phone: call us on 020 8036 5440 to pay in by credit or debit card over the phone
- By post: send us a cheque made payable to Dementia UK in the post using the Freepost envelope in your pack, or to Dementia UK, 7th Floor, One Aldgate, London EC3N 1RE
- By bank transfer: if you would like to do this please give us a call
- JustGiving pages: these donations will come directly to us, so you don’t need to do anything
If you have any questions about Raise your Game please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.