You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Do your own fundraising / Time for a Cuppa
Time for a Cuppa 1st-8th May 2023
Join our brew crew – every penny you raise will support families facing dementiaSign up today!
Make Time for a Cuppa this May and raise vital funds for families facing dementia. Time for a Cuppa is Dementia UK’s annual tea party fundraising event. Simply pick a date, choose your venue and send out those invites. Every penny you raise will help more families access the life-changing support of our specialist dementia nurses.
What do I need to do?
Don’t forget to register for your free fundraising pack. This will contain everything you need to get started. We can send your pack by post, or you can opt for a digital version if you prefer. We’ll be there to support you along the way and will send you lots of inspiration and tips for organising your event.
- Set a date and invite your guests
Time for a Cuppa week is 1st-8th May 2023, but you can hold your event on any day, or in any month, that suits you. Check out the full FAQs here.
- Cook, bake or buy your cuppa goodies
Our past Time for a Cuppa hosts have shared lots of mouth-watering recipes including vegan chocolate brownies, pistachio shortbread and vegetable puffs. Check out our recipe book here.
- Send in your donations
Once you’ve collected your supporters’ generous donations, send them in and feel proud of what you’ve achieved and the difference you’ll make to families facing dementia. Any other questions about signing up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 020 8036 5380.
We held a Mad Hatters’ Tea Party for our Time for a Cuppa. All my family dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland and served neighbours and friends with tea and cakes. We raised £417.30 overall: the cause is dear to our hearts as our mam Bridget has dementia. – Heather Burns, Time for a Cuppa 2022 host
Make sure you register for your fundraising pack, which has everything you need to start planning your event. We’ve also created extra downloadable materials which will help make Time for a Cuppa a piece of cake.
Get in touch with the Time for a Cuppa Team by calling 020 8036 5380 or emailing email@example.com – we’re happy to help!
Before your event
- Event planner
- editable poster (you can also print the poster and personalise it by hand)
- editable invitations (you can also print the invitations and personalise them by hand)
- social media invite slice
- social media invite cake
- pre-event press release template
On the day
- cake flags
- jar labels
- ‘How your fundraising helps’ poster
- ‘How our Admiral Nurses help families’ poster
- ‘Time for a Cuppa this way’ posters
- editable ‘Donate’ poster (you can also print the poster and personalise it by hand)
- Gift Aid form
- guess the weight of the cake form
- colouring sheet
- ‘Lucky squares’ game
- ‘How many words?’ game
- tea chart
After your event
- editable thank you poster (you can also print the poster and personalise it by hand)
- post-event press release template
If you have raised money through JustGiving, the donations will come straight to us – so you don’t need to do anything.
If you have raised money offline, here’s how to pay it in:
- online: click here to pay in online (please remember to include the reference number from your pack so we know it’s from you and can send you a certificate)
- phone: call us on 020 8036 5380 to pay in by credit or debit card over the phone
- post: send us a cheque made payable to Dementia UK using the Freepost envelope in your pack, or to 7th Floor, Dementia UK, One Aldgate, London EC3N 1RE
- bank transfer: use the bank details in your pack (give us a call if you can’t find them) and include your unique reference number so we can send you a certificate
Once you’ve paid in your donations, sit back with a well-deserved cuppa and feel proud of the difference you’ve made. When we receive your donations, we’ll send you a certificate to thank you for your support.
If you have any questions about Time for a Cuppa or would like to talk about your event, please get in touch – we’d be delighted to hear from you! Call the Time for a Cuppa Team on 020 8036 5380 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cuppa can change lives
By the time you’ve boiled your kettle, another person will have developed dementia. Over 944,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition – and if someone you love is living with dementia, you’re living with it too.
At Dementia UK, we believe every family facing dementia should have the support of a specialist nurse – but right now, we can’t reach everyone who needs us.
Making Time for a Cuppa can change that. This May, we need you to make, bake and brew to raise vital funds for families facing dementia – like Sue’s.
If I’ve ever got a problem, I call Julie, our dementia specialist Admiral Nurse. If I need help, she’s there for us. She is my lifeline.
Sue, whose mum, Ann, has dementia
Time for a Cuppa FAQs
We’ve answered some frequently asked questions about Time for a CuppaFind out more
Vicky Loewer’s Time for a Cuppa
“I’m passionate about raising awareness of the work that Admiral Nurses do.”Read more
Admiral Nurse Wendy's annual Time for a Cuppa
“I host an annual Time for a Cuppa event to raise vital funds for families affected by dementia.”Read more