You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Walking and trekking / Thames Path Challenge
Thames Path Challenge 2023
Event type: Walk, Jog, Run
Date: 9th–10th September 2023
Location: West London
Registration fee*: £15-£198
Fundraising target*: £135 – £595
*Depending on signup option + distance
Choose a charity sponsorship place and get 50% off your registration fee – just select Dementia UK as your charity on signup!
The famous and ever popular Thames Path Challenge provides a wonderful route along England’s greatest river. The Route heads upstream to Henley along the famous Towpath. It’s through Richmond, Hampton Court, Runnymede, and Windsor, with some wonderful scenery to a riverside finish line.
Walk, jog, or run 100km, 50km or 25km – plus the separate 25km ‘Thames Bridges Trek’ and ‘The Moonlight 10 Walk’ through Central London as part of the weekend ‘festival’.
Your entry includes a range of free food and drink at regular rest stops, and support from medics, marshals, and massage teams. As you cross the finish line, you’ll get a refreshing celebratory drink, t-shirt, and a special medal to celebrate your achievement.
Dementia UK are an official Partner on this great challenge and can offer you a 50% discount on your charity registration fee when signing up. Head to Ultra Challenge website to find out full details of prices and to sign up – remember to select ‘official partner 50% off’ on Sponsorship for Charity to support Dementia UK.
Set yourself up for an active Autumn with #TeamDementiaUK!
- Full Challenge – 100km
- Half Challenge – 50km
- Quarter Challenge – 28km
- Quarter Challenge – 22km
- support from our fundraising team to get you over the finish line
- training plans
- a fundraising guide, as well as fundraising advice, hints and tips in the build up to the event
- a branded Dementia UK sports top for the day!
- a range of Dementia UK fundraising materials (collection buckets, posters, balloons etc.) to make any events you hold look amazing
Every penny you raise from your event will help our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses provide a lifeline to more families facing dementia – and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Organising another fundraising activity alongside your main challenge will help you smash your goal. Here are some ideas:
- host a quiz
- arrange a raffle
- hold a sweepstake on how long your challenge will take, or the distance you’ll achieve
- organise a bake sale at home, at work or in your community
- create a sponsored playlist, where supporters donate to add their choice of song
Your fundraising welcome pack
Once you’ve signed up for your challenge, we’ll send you a fundraising welcome pack that’s full of advice on how to meet – and beat – your target.
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to fundraise online. Share your link with family, friends and colleagues, and watch the donations roll in.
You can use JustGiving to explain why you’re taking on your challenge for Dementia UK, keep track of how much you’ve raised, and even share your training progress using Strava so your supporters can see how well you’re doing. The more you update and share your JustGiving page, the more donations you’ll receive.
If your supporters are UK taxpayers and their donation is voluntary (not proceeds of a sale), we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated – at no extra cost to them. Make sure they fill in the Gift Aid form in your fundraising pack or tick the correct boxes if they’re donating online.
Sending in your donations
If you’re fundraising through JustGiving, the donations will automatically come to us. If you’ve got cash to pay in, you can do this online, by phone, by bank transfer or by post.
Click here to find out how to pay in your donations.
Sponsorship for charity
You pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place! As we are an official Charity Partner–you get 50% off the standard reg fee when you select ‘Official partner 50% off’ on Sponsorship for Charity, then select our charity on the dropdown.
- Quarter Challenge – £15 fee paid online and £250 charity sponsorship
- Half Challenge – £30 fee paid online and £395 charity sponsorship
- Full Challenge – £45 fee paid online and at least £595 charity sponsorship
Pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- Quarter Challenge – £45 fee paid online and £135 charity sponsorship
- Half Challenge – £72.50 fee paid online and £220 charity sponsorship
- Full Challenge – £110 fee paid online and at least £330 charity sponsorship
You pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
- Quarter Challenge – £79 fee paid online
- Half Challenge – £129 fee paid online
- Full Challenge – £198 fee paid online
The Ultra Challenge Series have alternative events throughout the year at multiple locations. Click on the links below to find an event to suit you:
- London Winter walk 2023
- Easter 50 Challenge 2023
- Isle of Wight Challenge 2023
- Jurassic Coast Challenge 2023
- London 2 Brighton Challenge 2023
- Lake District Challenge 2023
- Cotswold Way Challenge 2023
- Peak District Challenge 2023
- North Downs 50 Challenge 2023
- South West Coast 50 Challenge 2023
- South Coast Challenge 2023
- Thames Path Challenge 2023
- Thames Bridges Trek 2023
- Chiltern 50 Challenge 2023
- Halloween Walk 2023
Arti, who completed the Thames Path Ultra Challenge 2022:
If I could do something to raise awareness and help other families then I was proud to of completed this challenge in 12 hours. It was a tough walk, but the pain was worth everything and I would do it again just to support more wonderful charities.