You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Running / Marathon / Virtual London Marathon
Virtual TCS London Marathon
Date: 23rd April 2023
Registration fee: £20
Fundraising target: Raise as much as you can
Location: wherever you are
Join #TeamDementiaUK and take part in the world’s most iconic marathon from wherever you are in the world. You’ll have 24 hours to complete 26.2 miles and receive the coveted London Marathon medal and finisher’s t-shirt.
Our registrations for this event are now closed.
Run with us and help raise vital funds so our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses can provide life-changing support to families facing dementia. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
- dedicated support from me, Will
- a fundraising guide with advice, hints, and tips
- fundraising materials including collection buckets, posters, balloons and more
- membership of our exclusive Facebook group where you can share top training and fundraising tips
- training plans to help you prepare
- access to the training hub, with videos, articles and weekly countdowns covering everything you need
- a branded Dementia UK running vest and personalised iron-on name
- an amazing race day experience, with cheerers along the course and a post-race reception to celebrate your incredible achievement with drinks, snacks and free sports massage
Organising another fundraising activity alongside your main challenge will help you smash your goal. Here are some ideas:
- host a quiz
- arrange a raffle
- hold a sweepstake on how long your challenge will take, or the distance you’ll achieve
- organise a bake sale at home, at work or in your community
- create a sponsored playlist, where supporters donate to add their choice of song
Your fundraising welcome pack
Once you’ve signed up for your challenge, we’ll send you a fundraising welcome pack that’s full of advice on how to meet – and beat – your target.
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to fundraise online. Share your link with family, friends and colleagues, and watch the donations roll in.
You can use JustGiving to explain why you’re taking on your challenge for Dementia UK, keep track of how much you’ve raised, and even share your training progress using Strava so your supporters can see how well you’re doing. The more you update and share your JustGiving page, the more donations you’ll receive.
If your supporters are UK taxpayers and their donation is voluntary (not proceeds of a sale), we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated – at no extra cost to them. Make sure they fill in the Gift Aid form in your fundraising pack or tick the correct boxes if they’re donating online.
Sending in your donations
If you’re fundraising through JustGiving, the donations will automatically come to us. If you’ve got cash to pay in, you can do this online, by phone, by bank transfer or by post.
Click here to find out how to pay in your donations.
Claire, who ran the Virtual TCS London Marathon
Thanks for all your support, I cannot believe yesterday actually happened. It was amazing to see others out on roads running and walking the event. I was also overwhelmed by the number of cars that bibbed their horns when they drove by, it was brilliant!
Terms and conditions
We ask that all charity place participants read and agree to our terms and conditions. Please read them here.