What is a cookie?
A cookie is a tiny file placed on your computer by the websites you visit. A cookie contains a record of your interaction, for instance what you clicked on or whether you are signed into the site. They don’t collect personal data from your computer, they carry the data created by your browsing history.
The information gathered from cookies help us to:
- review how our website is being used and therefore help us to improve our website and online services
- simplify your ability to navigate through the website
- personalise and improve the service offered to you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you and know if the website is operating effectively
You can control which cookies are set by clicking on ‘Cookie Settings’ on our cookies banner. You can amend your settings or withdraw your consent for cookies at any time by revisiting this policy and clicking on the ‘Cookie Settings’ button below.
What cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works and makes information quicker and easier for you to find.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The table below explains in more detail the cookies we wish to use on our website:
|CloudFlare||_cfduid||This is a Cookie security service provider that acts to override the security settings based on Your IP address which would only allow legitimate human visitors to access the website.|
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to monitor how visitors use Our Website. The anonymous information collected will help Us improve the experience of using Our Website for visitors through the collation of web traffic patterns, user preferences as well as information on how You came to find Our Website. More information: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/|
|Google Analytics||_ga _gat||These cookies are used to distinguish between users of our website.|
|Google Analytics||_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number of visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.|
|Google Analytics||_gcl_au||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website.|
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to monitor how visitors use our website. The anonymous information collected will help us improve the experience of using our website for visitors through the collation of web traffic patterns, user preferences as well as information on how you came to find our website. More information: google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/|
|Google maps||APISID CONSENT HSID NID SAPISID SID SSID||These cookies enable us to monitor the number and behaviour of Google maps users.|
|fr||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugins. e.|
|Facebook pixel||_fbp||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisements when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.|
|Microsoft||MUID||Used by Microsoft as a unique identifier. The cookie is set by embedded Microsoft scripts. The purpose of this cookie is to synchronize the ID across many different Microsoft domains to enable user tracking.|
|Microsoft||MUIDB||This cookie is used by Microsoft and collects data about users of visits on multiple website. This data is used to analyze the efficiency of advertisements on websites.|
|UVC||uvc||This cookie allows You to like and post content from Our Website on social media. However please note Our terms and conditions www.dementiauk.org/terms-conditions/ in respect of when and how you can share content from Our Website.|
|WordPress||wordpress_test_cookie||This cookie is used to check that the browser you are using to access our website is capable of accepting cookies.|
Third Party Cookies
Personal Cookie Settings
Your browser settings will allow you to manually control your personal cookie settings and further information can be found in the ‘Help’ section of your chosen web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including details of cookies and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Complaints or queries
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us:
by email: email@example.com, by phone 020 8036 5400, or by post Dementia UK, 7th Floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE.
This page was updated on December 2020