You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Running / Half marathon / Royal Parks Half Marathon
Royal Parks Half Marathon
Date: 8th October 2023
Registration fee: £35
Fundraising target: £375
The Royal Parks Half Marathon takes you past London’s most iconic landmarks and through four of the city’s most famous parks. Take on this amazing course through central London for Dementia UK and help families facing dementia. Join the team or let us know you have your own place using the buttons below.
Run with us and help raise vital funds so our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses can provide life-changing support to families facing dementia. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
- a dedicated member of the fundraising team to support you to the finish line and beyond
- training plans and support to get you across the finish line
- a fundraising guide, as well as fundraising advice, hints and tips in the build-up to the event
- a branded Dementia UK running vest for race day
- support from the team on race day
- a range of Dementia UK fundraising materials (collection buckets, posters, balloons etc.) to make any events you hold look amazing
Roles vary from making as much noise as possible at a cheer point to making hard-earned cups of tea for runners post event. We’ll provide you with a Dementia UK t-shirt and all you need to bring on the day is your enthusiasm! Please fill in our short volunteer form and we will be in touch with more details.
Every penny you raise from your event will help our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses provide a lifeline to more families facing dementia – and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Organising another fundraising activity alongside your main challenge will help you smash your goal. Here are some ideas:
- host a quiz
- arrange a raffle
- hold a sweepstake on how long your challenge will take, or the distance you’ll achieve
- organise a bake sale at home, at work or in your community
- create a sponsored playlist, where supporters donate to add their choice of song
Your fundraising welcome pack
Once you’ve signed up for your challenge, we’ll send you a fundraising welcome pack that’s full of advice on how to meet – and beat – your target.
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to fundraise online. Share your link with family, friends and colleagues, and watch the donations roll in.
You can use JustGiving to explain why you’re taking on your challenge for Dementia UK, keep track of how much you’ve raised, and even share your training progress using Strava so your supporters can see how well you’re doing. The more you update and share your JustGiving page, the more donations you’ll receive.
If your supporters are UK taxpayers and their donation is voluntary (not proceeds of a sale), we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated – at no extra cost to them. Make sure they fill in the Gift Aid form in your fundraising pack or tick the correct boxes if they’re donating online.
Sending in your donations
If you’re fundraising through JustGiving, the donations will automatically come to us. If you’ve got cash to pay in, you can do this online, by phone, by bank transfer or by post.
Click here to find out how to pay in your donations.
Terms and conditions
We ask that all charity place participants read and agree to our terms and conditions. Please read them here.