If you’re caring for someone with dementia, you can book a phone or video appointment with a dementia specialist Admiral Nurse who can offer advice and support with any aspect of dementia. Appointments are free, confidential and available between 11am and 2pm every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
How an Admiral Nurse can help
Admiral Nurses have the time to listen and the knowledge to solve problems. They can help with any questions and concerns about dementia, including:
- understanding the diagnosis
- practical tips and advice for caring for a person with dementia
- understanding symptoms and changes in behaviour
- managing your own feelings
- transition into a nursing or residential home, or stays in hospital
Find out more about our dementia support services. If you’re looking for support right now, you can contact our free Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline. The Helpline nurses will also be able to advise whether there is an Admiral Nurse service that you can access in your area.