Our supporter promise
At Dementia UK, we’re committed to providing the highest levels of customer service and care to our supporters.
Giving to Dementia UK should be a great experience, that’s why we make a fundraising promise to you. It’s our set of standards for how we work, and the service you can expect from us.
- We will not make cold telephone calls to members of the general public.
- Where we do have permission to call you we will check at the start of every conversation that you are happy to speak to us.
- We do not undertake any fundraising door-to-door activity.
- We do not ask for direct debit donations on the street.
- Your details are safe with us. We do not share or sell your data to anyone else.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications.
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging who are vulnerable and elderly, including people affected by dementia.
- We will always provide ways for you to contact us by phone, email and post.
- We will keep you up to date about our work and how your donation is supporting people affected by dementia.
We abide by fundraising and data protection laws and we follow best practice. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and members of the Institute of Fundraising. We will always adhere to and aim to adopt fundraising best practice as laid down in the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice.
If you’re unhappy with anything we’ve done while fundraising, or feel we’re falling short of our standards, please let us know so we can put it right. You can call us on 0300 365 5500 or email email@example.com