Department: Core Clinical Services
Location: Remote – home working
Hours of Work: 37.5hrs/week
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £43,741.95 – £45,032 per annum
Closing date: 29th September 2023 at 10.00am
Annual Leave: 33 days (plus eight bank holidays)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay
- Family friendly policies
- 8% employer pension contribution (Aviva) or opportunity to continue NHS Pension
- Free health cashback plan (employee cover plus up to four dependent children)
- Free confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development committed (bespoke training, LinkedIn Learning etc.)
- Employee health and wellbeing committed (menopause friendly, disability confident employer etc.)
Dementia UK is the specialist dementia nursing charity that is there for the whole family. Our specialist nurses, known as Admiral Nurses, provide free, expert advice, support and understanding to help families care for their loved one. Every day, Admiral Nurses help families up and down the country to have the best life possible for as long as possible.
Purpose of the job/About the role:
Join our Core Clinical Services team as an Admiral Nurse and bring your specialist dementia nursing expertise to support family carers, people affected by dementia, and professionals who require specialist advice. You’ll be a key member of our team, providing biopsychosocial support through our National Dementia Helpline and Virtual Clinic appointments.
In addition to your core responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to lead and support other clinical projects across the charity, benefit from monthly clinical supervision, and participate in a range of learning opportunities to support your ongoing professional development.
As an Admiral Nurse, you’ll be responsible for providing nursing support and expertise, offering practical guidance to colleagues, the general public, those with dementia, and others in supporting family and relationship-centred approaches to dementia care. You’ll also lead and coordinate shifts as required, assist with the development, evaluation, and audit of the service, and provide clinical supervision to others.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to be an active Registered Nurse on the NMC register with a post-registration qualification or training in dementia care or a relevant subject. Strong communication skills are essential, as is a proven track record of providing high standards of clinical leadership and specialist nursing support. You should be adept at providing clinical advice, clinical supervision, and advocating for family carers.
This role is subject to an Enhanced level DBS check.
Our Culture and benefits:
We value our people so it’s important for us to create a working environment that looks after our workforce to achieve their full potential. You will become part of a diverse and dedicated team who are supported to not only use but develop your skills.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including:
- 33 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 8% pensions contribution
- A health cashback plan (employee cover plus up to four dependent children)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, with up to 6 counselling sessions per year
- Extensive Learning and Development Programme, including free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Flexible working options; including hybrid working, flexible working patterns such as part-time, compressed hours and more*
- Access to Health Assured wellbeing app, which includes healthy living tips and Bright TV
Dementia UK is proud to welcome everyone, we aim for a truly inclusive culture with talented, diverse teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We celebrate difference and individuality and encourage everyone to join us and be their whole selves always.
Dementia UK is a Disability Confident Employer. If you’d like support to make an application or to tell us you’re applying under the Disability Confident Scheme, contact email@example.com
How to apply:
For the full job description, click here.
*Please note that any decision on flexible working is based on business needs