Thank you for your interest in joining Dementia UK. We’re a passionate and collaborative organisation with a really positive atmosphere. We’re a diverse team and have a shared interest in the provision of excellent dementia care. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to find out more about working for Dementia UK.
Community and Events Fundraising Executive (South)
Salary: c. £26,500
Location: Holloway Road, London
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Purpose of job: To engage, manage and develop relationships with community and event supporters, providing outstanding stewardship and maximising sustainable long term income for Dementia UK.
- Work closely with the Community and Events Manager on the delivery of the Community and Events strategy and operational plan.
- With the Community and Events Manager to be responsible for the delivery of the Community and Events fundraising budget and targets/KPIs.
- Develop, market and deliver our growing flagship community fundraising event, Time for a Cuppa, with support from Community and Events Manager.
- Develop growing areas of community fundraising including: schools, universities, golf clubs, rotaries, faith groups and other community groups.
- Steward community fundraisers, identifying high value supporters and potential fundraising groups.
- Work with the Community and Events Manager to set up and support new and existing fundraising groups.
- Recruit, manage and motivate volunteers to undertake fundraising and awareness activities on behalf of Dementia UK through our Volunteer Ambassador programme.
- Respond to Community and Event Fundraising enquiries on the phone or by email.
- Manage and develop relationships with supporters, delivering excellent levels of supporter care.
- Motivate, recognise, and reward supporters to encourage their long term support.
- Attend events on behalf of the charity, receiving donations and delivering presentations on the charity’s work.
- Help to plan and deliver supporter meetings (national and local).
- Promote Community and Events opportunities using our website, social media and other formats as appropriate.
- Assist with the development of community and event fundraising materials.
- Update and maintain all paper, financial and database records to agreed standards and timescales.
- Play a full role as a member of the community and events team, and contribute to the development of the community and events fundraising strategy and operational plan.
- Work in partnership with other areas of Fundraising & Communications to maximise the total lifetime fundraising potential of supporters, and awareness opportunities, for Dementia UK.
- Support and develop any interns or volunteers in line with Dementia UK policy and practice.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Dementia UK’s vision, mission and impact.
- Complete any other duties and responsibilities as requested, commensurate with this role, and to work at all times in compliance with the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice, Fundraising Regulator and Dementia UK policy.
Potential applicants are requested to submit a covering letter and CV by 5pm on Tuesday the 21st February to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will likely take place on 27th and 28th February.