Admiral Nursing Direct dementia helpline
Do you have a question about dementia? Perhaps you’re concerned about changes in your own, or someone else’s, behaviour? Or maybe you want to find out more about support in your local area?
Our Admiral Nurses are here to help you. They can give you specialist practical and emotional support, on our dementia helpline through the phone or our email service.
Call our dementia helpline on 0800 888 6678 for advice.
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Who is the dementia helpline for?
- Family or professional carers of someone with dementia
- People dealing with a diagnosis of dementia
- Those worried about their memory or the memory of a loved one
What happens when I call?
- Our Admiral Nurses will listen to you and give appropriate advice and support
- You can take your time. There’s no time limit – many people call for more than 45 minutes – and you can call back whenever you need us
- You’ll receive a tailored information pack after your call which will be sent out in the post, if needed
At my lowest ebb, someone suggested I ring an Admiral Nurse. I had never heard of them but I rang. I firmly believe the nurse who talked to me for an hour on the phone saved my life.
– Sheila Wainwright, former carer and campaigner
How do I get in touch?
Contact one of our Admiral Nurses on our dementia helpline today. Please call 0800 888 6678 or fill in the form below for help via email or a return call.
Please read the Admiral Nursing Direct helpline terms and conditions of use to understand how the service works.