You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Walking and trekking / Peak District Challenge
Peak District Challenge
Event type: Walk, Jog, Run
Date: 8th-9th July 2023
Registration fee*: £15-£198
Fundraising target*: £135-£595
*Depending on signup option + distance
Choose a charity sponsorship place and get 50% off your registration fee – just select Dementia UK as your charity on signup!
This wonderful but tough and varied route – a figure of eight – through Derbyshire’s finest scenery serves up the best of the Peak District, with the trail leading you through the Peak District National Park to the comforting Bakewell basecamp. You’ll get full support all the way, and with half and quarter distance options also available, which pass Chatsworth House, there’s a Peak District Challenge for everyone!
Dementia UK is an official Partner on this great challenge and can offer you a 50% discount on your charity registration fee when signing up. Head to Ultra Challenge website to find out full details of prices and to sign up – remember to select ‘official partner 50% off’ on Sponsorship for Charity to support Dementia UK.
Set yourself up for an active Summer with #TeamDementiaUK!
- 100km – full challenge (continuous or two-day daylight)
- 50km – half challenge
- 25km – quarter challenge
- support from our fundraising team to get you over the finish line
- training plans
- a fundraising guide, as well as fundraising advice, hints and tips in the build up to the event
- a branded Dementia UK sports top for the day!
- a range of Dementia UK fundraising materials (collection buckets, posters, balloons etc.) to make any events you hold look amazing
Every penny you raise from your event will help our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses provide a lifeline to more families facing dementia – and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Organising another fundraising activity alongside your main challenge will help you smash your goal. Here are some ideas:
- host a quiz
- arrange a raffle
- hold a sweepstake on how long your challenge will take, or the distance you’ll achieve
- organise a bake sale at home, at work or in your community
- create a sponsored playlist, where supporters donate to add their choice of song
Your fundraising welcome pack
Once you’ve signed up for your challenge, we’ll send you a fundraising welcome pack that’s full of advice on how to meet – and beat – your target.
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to fundraise online. Share your link with family, friends and colleagues, and watch the donations roll in.
You can use JustGiving to explain why you’re taking on your challenge for Dementia UK, keep track of how much you’ve raised, and even share your training progress using Strava so your supporters can see how well you’re doing. The more you update and share your JustGiving page, the more donations you’ll receive.
If your supporters are UK taxpayers and their donation is voluntary (not proceeds of a sale), we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated – at no extra cost to them. Make sure they fill in the Gift Aid form in your fundraising pack or tick the correct boxes if they’re donating online.
Sending in your donations
If you’re fundraising through JustGiving, the donations will automatically come to us. If you’ve got cash to pay in, you can do this online, by phone, by bank transfer or by post.
Click here to find out how to pay in your donations.
Sponsorship for charity
You pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place! As we are an official Charity Partner, you get 50% off the standard reg fee when you select Dementia UK on Sponsorship for Charity – simply select Dementia UK on the dropdown.
- 25km – £15 reg fee paid online and at least £250 charity sponsorship
- 50km – £30 reg fee paid online and at least £395 charity sponsorship
- 100km – £45 reg fee paid online and at least £595 charity sponsorship
Pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- 25km – £45 reg fee paid online and at least £135 charity sponsorship
- 50km – £72.50 reg fee paid online and at least £220 charity sponsorship
- 100km – £110 reg fee paid online and at least £330 charity sponsorship
You pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
- 25km – £79 reg fee paid online
- 50km – £129 reg fee paid online
- 100km – £198 reg fee paid online
The Ultra Challenge Series has alternative events throughout the year at multiple locations. Click on the links below to find an event to suit you:
- London Winter walk 2023
- Easter 50 Challenge 2023
- Isle of Wight Challenge 2023
- Jurassic Coast Challenge 2023
- London 2 Brighton Challenge 2023
- Lake District Challenge 2023
- Cotswold Way Challenge 2023
- Peak District Challenge 2023
- North Downs 50 Challenge 2023
- South West Coast 50 Challenge 2023
- South Coast Challenge 2023
- Thames Path Challenge 2023
- Thames Bridges Trek 2023
- Chiltern 50 Challenge 2023
- Halloween Walk 2023
Gary and his team who took on a trek for Dementia UK :
My father passed away in January 2021 having suffered with dementia for a few years. We collected money for Dementia UK in lieu of flowers at the funeral, I thought it would be a good opportunity therefore to add to the money we had already collected by walking for Dementia UK