You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Running / Half marathon / Run Alton Towers Half Marathon
Alton Towers Half Marathon 2022
Date: 13th November 2022
Registration fee: £40
Fundraising ask: Set up and share a fundraising page for Dementia UK
Come and run for Dementia UK at the Run Alton Towers Half Marathon on Sunday 13th November 2022 at the UK’s largest theme park. You are guaranteed a great day out with theme park entry and access to all the rides included in your entry!
Run with us and help raise vital funds so our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses can provide life-changing support to families facing dementia. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
- A dedicated member of the fundraising team to support you to the finish line and beyond
- Training plans and support to get you across the finish line
- A fundraising guide, as well as fundraising advice, hints and tips in the build up to the event
- A branded Dementia UK running vest for race day
- A range of Dementia UK fundraising materials (collection buckets, posters, balloons etc.) to make any events you hold look amazing
Every penny you raise from your event will help our dementia specialist Admiral Nurses provide a lifeline to more families facing dementia – and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Organising another fundraising activity alongside your main challenge will help you smash your goal. Here are some ideas:
- host a quiz
- arrange a raffle
- hold a sweepstake on how long your challenge will take, or the distance you’ll achieve
- organise a bake sale at home, at work or in your community
- create a sponsored playlist, where supporters donate to add their choice of song
Your fundraising welcome pack
Once you’ve signed up for your challenge, we’ll send you a fundraising welcome pack that’s full of advice on how to meet – and beat – your target.
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to fundraise online. Share your link with family, friends and colleagues, and watch the donations roll in.
You can use JustGiving to explain why you’re taking on your challenge for Dementia UK, keep track of how much you’ve raised, and even share your training progress using Strava so your supporters can see how well you’re doing. The more you update and share your JustGiving page, the more donations you’ll receive.
If your supporters are UK taxpayers and their donation is voluntary (not proceeds of a sale), we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated – at no extra cost to them. Make sure they fill in the Gift Aid form in your fundraising pack or tick the correct boxes if they’re donating online.
Sending in your donations
If you’re fundraising through JustGiving, the donations will automatically come to us. If you’ve got cash to pay in, you can do this online, by phone, by bank transfer or by post.
Click here to find out how to pay in your donations.
I wanted to do something to show my support to my dad and to a great cause that makes a difference to so many.
– James who ran the London Landmarks Half Marathon
Terms and conditions
We ask that all charity place participants read and agree to our terms and conditions. Please read them here.