You are here: Home / Get involved / Events and fundraising / Take part in an event / Running / Half marathon / Royal Parks Half Marathon / Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon Terms and Conditions
Royal Parks Half Marathon terms and conditions
“Dementia UK/We/Us/Our” means Dementia UK (Registered Charity Number 1039404) of 7th floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE. The charity that has reserved Your place in the Event.
“You/Your/Yourself” means the person agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and who is using a Dementia UK place to take part in an Event.
“Event” means the Royal Parks Half Marathon
“Event Organisers” means the companies The Royal Parks (company number 10016100) and Limelight Sports (company number 03700632) responsible for organising the Royal Parks Half Marathon
“Fee” means the registration fee that You are required to pay to confirm their place in the Event.
- You acknowledge that participation in the Event may be physically demanding and You are aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
- You agree that you are physically capable of taking part in the Event and agree you are solely responsible for your actions save as provided elsewhere in these terms and conditions. Dementia UK are not responsible for any injury, illness or loss that You may suffer as a result of Your participation in the Event.
- The minimum age of entry is 17 years at the date of the event.
- You have read, agree to and accept the Event Organisers’ General Conditions of Entry which can be read here. To the extent there is any conflict with these terms and conditions, the terms of the General Conditions of Entry shall prevail.
2. Bookings, Payments and Your obligations
- You shall complete the Dementia UK Application Form. On successful application You will submit payment of the Entry Fee of £35. You may also be required to register Your place on the Event directly with the Event Organisers.
- You shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event and no binding contract shall exist between You and Us unless or until We have provided You with written confirmation that the application was successful and full payment of the Fee has been received.
- In order to take part in the Event, you agree to raise money for Dementia UK. The minimum sponsorship for a Dementia UK charity place in the Event is £375 excluding Gift Aid. You agree to pay all sponsorship monies to Dementia UK within 42 days of the date of the Event in accordance with the payment methods notified to You by Us from time to time
- You also agree to:
- Notify Us immediately and in any event within 2 days if You become aware of any reason (whether medical or otherwise) why You are unable to compete in the Event
- Comply with any rules or regulation relating to the Event as We or the Event Organisers may notify You of from time to time
- Follow all instructions given to Us, the Event Organisers and any of Our or the Event Organisers’ agents, employees or workers, or any referees, stewards or other event officials in respect of the Event.
3. Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
- The Fee is non-refundable save that We may in our discretion refund the Fee in limited circumstances such as:
- If the Event is cancelled by the Event Organisers provided that We receive a refund on sums We paid to the Event Organisers for the relevant places in the Event;
- You are unable to participate in the Event for reasons beyond Your control and you notify Dementia UK at least 14 days in advance of the Event;
- Any other circumstances which, in the opinion of Dementia UK, it would be reasonable to provide a refund.
- You acknowledge that Dementia UK places are limited, and payment of the Fee and reservation of the place has an effect on expenditure of Dementia UK and charity income for the Event. Notice of withdrawal from the Event must be communicated by emailing email@example.com, or by writing to Community and Events Fundraising, Dementia UK, 7th Floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE.
- Your place in the Event is personal to You and You may not transfer it or any of Your other rights or obligations to any other person without our prior written consent and provided that the Event Organisers consents to such transfer.
- Places on the Event are strictly limited and are subject to availability. We may refuse entry to remove or exclude or cancel Your place in the Event if:
- We consider that your participation in the Event will bring the Event, the Event Organisers or Dementia UK into disrepute or otherwise damage the reputation of Dementia UK, the Event or the Event Organisers
- In our reasonable opinion you appear unlikely to raise the minimum sponsorship requirement referred to at clause 2.3.
- The Event Organisers refuse entry at any time.
4. Publicity and Images
You understand that Dementia UK may take photograph and video images of you on the day of the Event. You hereby agree that Dementia UK may use any such images to promote Dementia UK, its charitable aims, the Event and future events, whether on its website or in publicity material (both electronic and hardcopy) or on websites and publicity material of third parties. Dementia UK owns all rights in any images and publicity material created by Dementia UK and you shall obtain no rights in relation to the same.
5. Data Protection
- By entering into this agreement, You agree that any personal information provided by You or collected about You in connection with the Event may be held and used by Us in relation to the Event and its promotion
- You also agree that the personal information provided by You may be shared with:
- The Event Organisers who may use it in connection with the organisation and/or administration of the Event or for other reasons associated with the Event; and
- and in the case of the Event Organisers, we may share the personal information before we have determined whether Your application has been successful
- You agree to inform Dementia UK of any changes to the information supplied in Your original application as soon as such changes occur.
- We will be the data controller of the information which You provide Us or which we obtain in relation to the Event and the Event Organisers will be the data controller of any information which We pass on to them pursuant to clause 5.2.