Encouraging an unwilling person to get a diagnosis

I’m worried that my husband has dementia but he’s refusing to see our GP as he doesn’t believe that there is anything wrong with him. What should I do?

If your husband is reluctant to see his GP, you could suggest you both go together for a NHS Health Check, or ask him to go with you, as you would like some support. GPs are unable to talk to you about your husband’s condition without his consent, but if you write a brief letter setting out your concerns before the appointment the GP will be able to consider your concerns and plan an assessment accordingly.